As a whitetail bowhunter who spends about half his time in the field on the ground, I think I’ve tried just about every pop-up blind on the market. And through the years, one of my favorites has been the affordable and easy-to-use Ameristep Brickhouse. When I learned that the company was improving their already deadly design with the new Silent Brickhouse Blind, I was certainly happy to hear it.
Silent Brickhouse Blind: Simply a Better System
The Ameristep Brickhouse is known for its rugged Spider Hub frame, hardworking features and hunter-friendly price. Fact: The durable and dependable Ameristep Brickhouse blind has been a favorite among hunters since it was first introduced in 2010. I own four of them. (FYI: I used to have five, but an unexpected overnight South Dakota thunderstorm with winds of 60 mph ripped one of my Brickhouse blinds from a spring turkey field and all that was left was the tent stake holes. My bad.)
Like the original Brickhouse, the new Silent Brickhouse is ideal for two bowhunters. It holds three hunters comfortably, but only two can really be set up to shoot bows at the same time. What makes this new blind noteworthy is the patent-pending, hinged silent door system. It replaces the old zippered design, which made a bit of noise. In addition, the Silent Brickhouse features new silent mesh windows that enable hunters to make window adjustments without the alarming sounds of zippers or Velcro. I can’t wait to try the new windows while bowhunting spring turkeys and fall/winter whitetails.
Silent Brickhouse Blind Features
- New, patent-pending hinged silent door for easy access and silent entry/exit
- Silent mesh attachment on windows silences open/close
- Patent-pending natural-shaped window openings blend into environment
- Shoot-through mesh windows with gun ports
- Brush loops for adding natural foliage
- Durashell Plus fabric shell with matte finish
- Rugged Spider Hub frame for easy setup and takedown
- ShadowGuard interior coating eliminates shadows and silhouettes
Silent Brickhouse Blind Specs
- Model # AMEBL3002 in Realtree Edge
- Model # AMEBF3007 in Mossy Oak Break-Up Country
- Footprint: 59 x 59 inches
- Shooting Width: 75 inches
- Height: 67 inches
- Weight: 16 pounds
- MSRP: $149.99
In terms of value, this blind is tough to beat. I’m excited to add one to my ground arsenal this fall.
Check out the video below to see (and not hear!) the super-quiet features of the new Silent Brickhouse Blind.